LaGrasso Bros. Produce has a rich family history in the Detroit produce market. It began in 1914 with a single pushcart. In 1925, the first truck was purchased for route sales. In 1927, three fruit stands were added, and a second truck was purchased in 1935. After WWII, the second generation (three brothers) started a partnership, and then fully incorporated in 1962. Their children joined the family business. In 1980, the company was large enough to move into its current space: a 40,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility that includes 13 separate rooms for temperature control. LaGrasso Bros. Produce is currently owned and operated by third and fourth generation of LaGrasso family members.